How does this work?
Purchase your package
Drop your dog off for daycare or boarding at Canine to Five Ferndale
Have a quick call with your trainer to discuss goals
Trainer picks your dog up for a quick road trip to the K9TT facility (only .8 miles away)
Your dog has a private positive reinforcement training session with their trainer
They’ll take a safe and short road trip back to CTF
Your dog enjoys the rest of their day at CTF
You'll get a report card and videos of training, via email, the same day
Your dog will be ready for pick up at your regularly scheduled pick up time
Canine to Five Day Training5 session package
- 5 one-on-one sessions with a K9 Turbo Certified Professional Trainer
- Transportation to and from the K9 Turbo facility from CTF
- Phone consult with your trainer to discuss your training goals
- Daily report cards
- Videos of your dogs session
- Instructions from your dogs trainer on how to transfer the skills to your home
- Purchase your package and we’ll contact you to schedule!
What will my dog work on?
During the first 15 minutes of your first session, your trainer will call you to discuss your training goals and make a custom training plan that is built to meet those goals in an efficient, fun way. Some things people commonly choose to work on are:
Basic manners, such as sit, down, and stay
Puppy training foundations
Improving leash manners
Politely greeting people
Coming when called
Building self control
Waiting politely for food or toys
Go to your mat
Handling or veterinary procedures
Agility, sports, and fun sports games
Fun Fact and Benefits
- As always, we will never use tools or methods that may be painful or frightening for dogs, such as leash or verbal corrections, choke chains, prong collars, or shock collars. You can trust that we will only use positive, effective, force-free methods and ensure your dog always has a blast while they’re learning.
- We’ll work hand-in-hand with the staff at CTF, so they can continue to reinforce learned behaviors at daycare, and your dog can be their best selves at home, daycare, and in training.
- You’ll have access to your dogs’ trainer to discuss progress and training at any time!
- We’ll send you videos of each session, and the trainer will explain how to apply these principles at home, so you can continue to maintain better behaviors.
Pick up and Safety
- Only your trainer will pick up and drop off your dog (with extremely rare exceptions when K9TT management may assist for transport).
- The dog will be comfortably and securely fit to a martingale collar, which will have K9TT identification tags. A hand-held leash will be clipped onto the martingale collar and held by the dogs trainer at all times.
- A second leash! A a slip lead will be used and clipped securely to the employees waist so the dog is directly connected to the trainer at all times. Yeah, we know, excessive– but your dog will be wearing a primary and a secondary leash just for extra safety!
- We’ll carefully place the dog into in a crate in the car of their trainer who will drive them directly to K9TT at 160 Vester St. in Ferndale, which is a total of .8 miles from CTF Ferndale.
- The dog will remain with their trainer during the entire duration of their session from pick up to drop off.
- Unless they are actively in the training room, dogs will remain on all safety gear until they are brought back to CTF and enter the catch pen that leads to their play room.